SEWING WORKSHOP MANAGER
Email us at [email protected]
We are looking for YOU! Come be a part of a fast-paced and FUN non-profit social enterprise! We are looking to hire a hard-working, self-motivated and high energy individual to join our staff as the new Sewing Workshop Operations Manager at Mindful Works! We empower individuals in recovery from mental health challenges by facilitating a meaningful work experience. Our goal is to help our Apprentices transition to jobs in the traditional labor market or continuing education. Supervise our team of Apprentices and facilitate the learning of cutting fabric, sewing skills and working as a team. This position demands creativity daily, excellent communication skills, and the ability to wear multiple hats at one time.
The Shoppe Operations Manager for Mindful Works performs a wide range of administrative, office and Shoppe oversight activities that support the Executive Director, staff and workflow. These activities facilitate the efficient and smooth operation of the organization in the design, manufacturing, assembly and sales of soft goods. (Meditation cushions, ottoman/poufs, repurposed billboard bags, etc.)
- Production sewing/ production management experience
- Fabric and materials sourcing and tracking
- Proficient sewing technician so as to be able to supervise and guide
- Coordinate work assignments with program participants and helping to maintain order and organization in the Shoppe.
- Manage fabric inventory and supplies, and maintain the physical environment, directing as much as possible to program participants
- Utilize computer and other office equipment in the course of duties
- Utilize Excel, and other software programs proficiently on laptop computer
- Sales and Marketing outreach, including willingness and availability to work weekend at artisan fairs.
- Sales management and tracking
- Time new product development
- Promote outstanding customer service
- Flexibility to transition from project to project
- Use intuition to best help program participants (apprentices)—flexing as the needs of program participants present
- Model and encourage program participants in the development of soft-skills and hard skills that will transition to a job in the traditional labor market
Must have some weekend availability to be apart of the weekend Market team.